Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Defoors Art Auction and Exhibition.


My really exciting news is re the Atlanta Artists Center.
They have 2 events. First is their monthly show, which is juried. So I submitted 2 works for that.
Second is the 'Defoors' Auction and exhibition. This is a major fundraiser, and the artists are required to donate a painting, and then they can submit more for juried entry. I submitted 2 works for that, also (as well as the required donated piece).
I went last night to collect art work that had not been accepted after jury selection, only to find out that ALL pieces have been accepted. So I am really excited about that.
I'll let you know how all goes.
If anyone reads this, in Atlanta, the Defoors auction is at the Defoors Center on Friday 14th November from 6.30pm until 10pm. A great chance to get some original art!
The exhibition is open several days prior to the auction so you can view the work, and up until the 2nd December. Only a certain number of paintings will be for auction, the remainder will be as a 'regular' exhibition where sales can be made. Come see!
I may get to see you there!
Regards,
~Jillian
www.JillianCrider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment