Wednesday, November 26, 2003

"Plein Air" Atlanta Botanical Gardens - Pastel painting

Fountain Atlanta Botanical Gardens  pastel painting artist Jillian Crider autumn pathway
I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens last Friday. A LOVELY place to visit, I'll be back. I did a pastel, though I ended up with MUCH on myself! Washing myself in the basin of the restroom afterwards. I was pleased with the result. I sat on the wall in the rose garden in sunshine, so it was really pleasant. It was the first time I've ever done a pastel 'plein air' (outdoors).
Hope you enjoy this photo of where I sat, and the resulting work.

I got a shock when I went to the loo, and looked in the mirror, I had pastel all over my face. I call myself 'smudge' when I work in pastels. HA!

I think you can click on the image for a larger view.
Regards,
~Jillian
www.JillianCrider.com