Tuesday, February 24, 2009

INSTINCT - illustration theme.


It seemed appropriate that these two kittens be labeled 'instinct'. As kittens have to learn about their new world, much of it by instinct.
This is a 5x7" watercolor I did a while back.
I have just put up this image onto ImageKind (see top of this page), so that prints can be obtained. I also sell it as ACEOs from my website, and on giftware, and so forth on Cafe Press.
These were two little kittens - a tuxedo and a tabby, waiting for adoption at my local animal shelter. I sure hope they found good homes.
Thanks for looking.
~Jillian

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet picture. They look soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What could be cuter than kittens? These are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also chose a feline-related subject. For some reason cats come to mind, they are the kind of creature that shows their funny instincts all the time. Very nice artwork! I can't see all the details, but is it only watercolour or a combination with pencil in the dark areas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much.

    It's all watercolor, no pencil. It seemed appropriate to me, too.

    ReplyDelete