Thursday, May 19, 2005

Newspaper review includes MY art - Quinlan Art Center, Gainesville.


Well, the Traveling show from February is now in Gainesville, north of Atlanta.
The Quinlan is a fabulous venue, and the reception last week was a treat.
We also had a great showing in Dawsonville and Carrollton.
Today I received the review in the Gainesville newspaper. As the director for it I was so proud to get a terrific write-up. But one remark re MY artwork caught me by surprise.
Jillian Crider's "Dawn Beach Trotters" is another example of astonishing technique."
NO! I didn't write it myself or pay for it *grin*.
So proud of the whole show. Here's the review. I have no idea how long this link will be 'good'.
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/stories/20050519/getout/104942.shtml

This is a fairly large watercolor - probably about 20x15" or so?

Regards,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment