Saturday, August 30, 2003

"White Roses" Acrylic painting - 11x14"

original acrylic painting of white roses on bush in garden by artist Jillian Crider 14x11"
Another acrylic rose - on stretched canvas, with sides painted. I've posted it on my site, larger, and without the frame, but couldn't resist 'playing' with framing, as it sometimes really sets off my work.
White is such a funny colour to work with, as, to paint something white, you just about have to use every other colour but white!
Still I do ink sketches, and even though the only 'colour' you use is black, you need to make your subject look like shades of grey and black, as well as using the white of the paper to create your art.

This one is 14x11".
Not sure what my next art project will be.
One gallery wants some nudes.
I have a 'commercial' project to do ... some book illustrations, so need to get on with those, I guess.

~Jillian
htttp://www.JillianCrider.com