Friday, November 07, 2003

Atlanta Artists Center - DeFoor's Art Auction

Defoor art exhibition 2003 arist designer Jillian Crider Atlanta Artists Center fund raiser
Well, it was exciting to be asked to design some awards for the Atlanta Artists Center (AAC) a few weeks ago (you can get a tiny glimpse of them on their site, in photos when they were presented).
From there I was asked to design an invitation for up-coming art auction & show at Defoor Center.
I attacked it in a non-traditional manner, wanting lots of 'life' to it. But didn't want anything too abstract arty as so many of our artists at AAC are traditional realists.
Since then I have received a lot of compliments, but really made me believe it today when I was doing colour enlarged photocopies in Kinko's of a poster I did designed around the same style and a complete stranger couldn't stop looking at the poster, and instead of commenting on the event, he raved about how good the design was!
When I told him I designed it, he told me I should do it as a business. Being a stranger, I was quite amazed that it had such a reaction.
If you'd like to see the invitation it's at AACs website. And if you're in Atlanta, go into the site, to 'Defoors' and you can download a printable copy of the invitation to print for yourself and any friends you might think will be interested to attend.
AACs website:
http://www.atlantaartistscenter.org
Thanx.
Regards,
~Jillian
www.JillianCrider.com

No comments:

Post a Comment