Sunday, February 01, 2015

Another in my garden series - "A Zen Moment" White Cat and Buddah in sunlit garden.


To be found on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291365938377?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

"A Zen Moment"
ORIGINAL ACEO pen & wash (watercolor) painting on top of an old 1888 ledger paper
(backed with acid-free cardstock).

ACEO (Art Cards, Editions & Originals), always 2.5x3.5"!
SFA - Small Format Art (nothing over 14")

"Original unique artwork. I love and collect old papers, but there are so many wonderful things to do with them.
This is a genuine 1887 handwritten ledger page, backed with acid-free cardstock.
Some of the original handwriting appears on the vintage paper.
On top I've done some pen and wash paintings/sketches from my photos of gardens and other delights.
One of the things I admire about cats is their ability to have 'zen' moments in a slice of sunshine.
But this one really was all about the setting. Lovely garden greenery, mossy steps, all sunlit.
Shared with a stunning Buddha. Anyone's ideal zen moment, I'm sure.
I've used white gesso under some of the painting - as this helps to make the colors 'pop' a little more.
This is the same type of sketching used in art journals, urban sketches, and travel diaries.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I have in discovering these wonderful gardens, and creating these little paintings.
Location: Medford, Oregon."

by Jillian Crider
size 2.5" x 3.5" - ACEO


No comments:

Post a Comment