Tuesday, February 24, 2009

INSTINCT - illustration theme.


It seemed appropriate that these two kittens be labeled 'instinct'. As kittens have to learn about their new world, much of it by instinct.
This is a 5x7" watercolor I did a while back.
I have just put up this image onto ImageKind (see top of this page), so that prints can be obtained. I also sell it as ACEOs from my website, and on giftware, and so forth on Cafe Press.
These were two little kittens - a tuxedo and a tabby, waiting for adoption at my local animal shelter. I sure hope they found good homes.
Thanks for looking.
~Jillian

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet picture. They look soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What could be cuter than kittens? These are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also chose a feline-related subject. For some reason cats come to mind, they are the kind of creature that shows their funny instincts all the time. Very nice artwork! I can't see all the details, but is it only watercolour or a combination with pencil in the dark areas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much.

    It's all watercolor, no pencil. It seemed appropriate to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work, very expressive and plastic! Congratulations!

    Regards

    Rui Sousa

    ReplyDelete