Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"The Barrel Racer" Miniature Watercolor painting


Phew, but I've been busy!
I've done a whole lot of miniatures as offerings on ebay, and sold quite a few. I have been playing around with graphics, making miniature views and faux stained glass for dollhouses and roomboxes.
I have decided to pursue teaching as much as possible. In particular screen printing, as I have taught many things over the years, and get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Therefore a new site has been born - http://www.ArtByTheDozen.com - to deal just with teaching. I love that it has a calendar on it, as well as a mailing list for people interested in classes.
I've also taken a leap into listing my art on 'ArtByUs' after putting on ebay first. It stops me from coding an art shop on my site. So hope that it works. I have already made one sale from it.
Now... I stayed up all night. I'll let you be judge if it was worth it. I was suddenly inspired and had to do another miniature - one with a lot more care than some of my usual. This is the result. It's "Barrel Racer", a cowgirl at a rodeo. It's watercolour, a miniature sized just 1 3/4" x 2 3/8" (4.7 x 6 cm).
If it doesn't sell on ebay, I'll keep it, possibly even might enter it in a miniature exhibition.

Hope you like it.
Regards,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment