Thursday, February 20, 2003

Here's my latest book cover illustration!

novel, book cover, A natural death, Ruthe Furie, artist, illustration, Jillian Crider, ornate dagger, body, murder mystery, hand, garden, vegetable, tomato,  retro art,
Well, here is the next book cover in this series of murder mysteries. I did a full tomato instead of a cut one, but it didn't work, being greyscale, so then I decided to cut it. Originally submitted the cover with just vegetables on it, as per a previous cover, but then decided that even with a dagger it still wouldn't be dramatic enough to spell out 'murder' - so I then decided on the lifeless hand in some sort of farm field suggested environment (the murder happened on an organic farm, hence the title).

2am, and I have to be up just after 6am!
Jillian
www.JillianCrider.com