Thursday, April 17, 2003

Autographs please!

While collecting my magazine as stated below, from my mailbox, also got a letter from ESTONIA.
Totally unexpected as I know noone from there, and wasn't expecting it.
Enclosed was a letter and a blank postcard. It was from an art teacher in Estonia wanting my autograph!
"... May I take this opportunity to request of you a very special favor?
I work as a teacher and I am very interested in art. We have lived under the Soviet Union for 50 years and all the time it has been taught that Soviet art is the best. We could not read any art literature from the other countries. Therefore we have no true information about art life in your country, too.
Now, as Estonia is again free, I have tried to get various materials for teaching my students the art.
I should be very thankful to you if you were able to fulfill my great request. I should like to get your ... autograph on the postcard.
Thank you in advance for this important to me favor. ..."
I guess things like that make like interesting! :)
Jillian
http://www.JillianCrider.com